Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jeff Thursday July 02/09

Hey there,
Happy belated Canada Day (you don't look a day over 140!) to you all. With all the crazy stuff going on out in the world and the turmoil that some people have to live with, we should feel blessed. And I mean not only this day but everyday for being able to live in such a beautiful and essentially, safe country (although, let's not get started on politics as such today, ok?...). I have travelled all around the world and have lived and worked in some great cities and for my money, there is no place better. Different and very interesting yes, but not better. So, shame on those who abuse and take for granted all the rights and freedoms that being a Canadian entitles us to everyday. With that in mind, grab a hockey stick, a cup of Timmy's and uh, let's watch opening day of the CFL (really, the Argos and Ti-Cats?)!!! Ok, maybe not that... No offence (sort of an ironic word choice here) to the CFL, but 3 downs? C'mon guys, if you wanna see a football show then really, it's the NFL. I am a loyal Canadian but there is no comparison in my mind. I know, I know, it's a pure Canadian game and I love sports but, I find it difficult to be compelled to watch a CFL game from start to finish and I watch golf... lol. Anyways, hoping the Canucks sign Marion Gaborik (I think I spelled his name correctly). Oops, hang on...
Ok, just finished a phone interview, so I am back to sign off. We are playing the Dauphin Country Fest this Saturday which I am sure will be a blast. To y'all in that neighbourhood see you there in a couple of days and for the rest of you well, we'll see you soon... Canada, what a great place to live (especially out here on the West Coast!) Lucky us... J.



No comments: