Monday, December 7, 2009

Jeff Monday Dec. 07/09





Yeah...Well, are you getting ready for Christmas? It's my duty to get outside today and put the lights up. There's big pressure in my neighbourhood to be festive...lol. Actually, we have a wonderful neighbourhood with lots of kids and families and everyone participates and puts on a good show. Perhaps a little over the top but still, in this world, a bit of Christmas cheer is certainly most welcome. Also, I plan to turn any Christmas gift money for friends, into a donation to the Union Gospel Mission (my fav charity here in Vancouver) this year. You can feed around 40 people for $100.00. Come on, like my friends need anything... they all own homes and cars, Macbooks and Blackberry's. I am hoping to give them all a card that says Merry Christmas, you are feeding 200 people today that might not get anything else. I get a little choked up just thinking about doing this one small thing and I am reminded about how fortunate I am. I can only speak for myself here but again, I am grateful for everything in my life. Family, friends, someone to love, a warm home and food. I don't even need to mention the really obvious stuff like getting to make music for a living, working with great guys and having fantastic fans to play for all the time. I know God exists because everyday He reminds me with the life that unfolds before me. For the record, I am blessed and never forget that fact. Thanks God, You rock dude...
Yeah, 2009... we have such a great band and I wish you all knew them the way I do. After so many years, to be able to work with good friends and play for our fans is my real gift. I may not be the richest guy or biggest pop star ever but getting to work with such amazing people is a blessing. Yes, it's true. I have worked with people that I literally, hated to be around, who hated me as well. Isn't it funny what kinds of misery we will put up with in our lives sometimes?
Hey, wanna see a picture of the turkey that Lizzy and I roasted on Thanksgiving? Well, apparently,
you don't have a choice, because here it is. A little back story on why we even have a picture of the turkey... Ok, I am taking the finished turkey out of the oven and our dear friend Glenda (who is of Chinese descent) comes racing into the kitchen with her camera and says, "I need to get a picture of the turkey! It's what we (as in the royal "we") do. We always take pictures of the food!" So, here it is kids, 17 pounds or so of carefully basted, butterball happiness and notorious inducer of post gastronomic naps... Beautiful really and thanks Glenda for introducing to us this fine Chinese/Canadian tradition and let's face it, how many times do you get your photo taken with a turkey? I'm guessing 1 or 2 times in your life, if you are lucky. I mean, this is better than some of the promo shots I've been in over the years. (BTW, doesn't it look like I've been basting myself with a Cab/Shiraz in this photo?) LMAO...
Anyways, just a moment today to say hello and again, I know I've been slack but after a hectic summer and all, it has been nice to take a little break. Oh, right, Liz and I did go to Maui for 10 glorious days. I'll show you photos as soon as I get some. Still waiting for those, ahem...
I'll be back before Christmas and give you a wrap up and what to expect next year from KS&S. I can confidently say it will be a great 2010 and we'll still be moving forward with lots of new stuff for you. Ok, have a great day out there my friends. Remember to be grateful for your good fortune because it can be worse. Give more and expect less...
Peace Out, J.


No comments: