Friday, March 30, 2007

Jeff Fri. Mar.30/07

Hey,I don't even have Storyteller...However,soon it'll all be available on our site.Sorry I haven't been much around this week.I've had family in from out of town and have been finishing up a CD project that I've been producing here in Vancouver.For all of you out in the Winnipeg area, Kenny and I will be on CBC Radio One on April 4th. which is the day before the Winnipeg show at Mybar.We'll be on at 5:00 pm Wpg. time for 1/2 an hour playing a bit and talking about Streetheart so check it out.We've got more dates coming up for us all across the country and as soon as our webmaster gets back from his holidays I'll post the new stuff.As I mentioned in my last last post Kenny is coming back out here next month to work some more on his new CD and I'm hoping to have that finished soon.We've had some delays with life and stuff but it will be worth the wait I promise you.Thangs are good out here on the coast.It finally stopped raining after what seemed like 3 months (and I just finished building my ark too)so the summer lies ahead for us all.Looking forward to seeing you all out there soon at the shows.More to come.J.

5 comments:

Electroman said...

Hi Jeff!

Thanks for posting. Jeff, does this mean you can confirm to me that the song Storyteller does in fact exist as a recording by Streetheart.

Thanks!

onemoretime said...

Jeff,

Heard you and Kenny on CBC Radio last night. I must say that I agree with you Kenny is a great performer but you were much to modest. You are a great guitar palyer and a very talented producer. Really liked the new song, can't wait for the new album. Is it a solo record for Kenny or is it a Streetheart album? If solo are you playing on it or just producing?

Can't wait for the show tonight. Any surprises planned?

onemoretime said...

Jeff,

The show on Thursday at MyBar, incredible. Kenny sounded fantastic, as did the whole band. For those who missed it, you picked the wrong show to miss.
Loved the song Black is Black, any chance a snippet of the recorded version could be added to the site? Thanks Jeff, your performance was again fantastic.

Electroman said...

Ahh Man... I wished I could have seen the show. Posting some of the new material sounds like a great idea. I can hardly wait to hear the stuff!

Unknown said...

This is kind of a late response, but yes, Storyteller is a recording by Streetheart. I hope this isn't telling you something you know, but it was on the first (Canadian) release of Under Heaven Over Hell. It was replaced on subsequent releases by Under My Thumb. The German CD release of Under Heaven Over Hell (I wonder if the band ever got paid for that CD?) has Under My Thumb but not Storyteller.

If you check second hand shops you might find a copy of the LP with Storyteller. I have it at home, the song is interesting and has some weird/cool aspects to it but I wouldn't say it's the best thing the band ever did.

And to answer the next question --- what CD of Under Heaven, they used to be available:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/203-9926849-5106327?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-artist=Streetheart
No idea whether you can still find them.
The CD of "Meanwhile..." has a mastering glitch on Can You Feel it where about a quarter-note is cut out of the solo, disrupting the beat.