Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Jeff Wed.Apr.18/07

Hey Scidge thanks...it's good to be back playing with the boys again and nice of you to notice.thanks bro...as for Action the lyrics are...Action,Action,read all about it,Action for slander...read all about it.Ah yes and another great mystery unfolds.Hope that helps you and put that flute down my son!!!!
Onemoretime thanks again for your support and the caps we have for sale only at the shows as of today BUT I am currently talking to a new company who handles online merch so hopefully I'll get you an online purchase option that is secure and dependable soon.Hang in bro...Kenny's new CD will be all covers of songs Kenny has sang or has wanted to sing over the years.He's such a unique interpreter of material and there will be some cool stuff that you might not expect.Kenny is flying out next week to work in the studio with me in Vancouver so we will be getting that much closer to being done.It takes a bit of time when you have to do these things without the big record label machinery behind you but in the end we'll have a great product that'll be worth the wait.You are right about DWD.There was a lot of great material on that album but personally I feel that it was poorly recorded and produced.Give me that band and that material to redo today and I will make made it a hit record.I am so pleased that your kids are into our music as well.Good songs are good songs and they will always stand over time.I also have noticed a lot of younger people at our shows which is such a thrill.I have had on more than one occasion a young guy or girl come up and say how much they love the music,how their parents played them the songs(thank you you longtime friends!)and how our music is so much better than a lot of what is out today.That's because we're good(gee Jeff,what do you really think lol) and we got that way by playing every night 4-5 sets a night 6 days a week 51 weeks a year.There is no other way.Keep the kids listening!!!!!
Electroman...nice job on the Ace Frehley trivia.OK here's one for you...name me two American artists/groups who covered Hot Cherie?This was a song from DWD that tragically never made it on the album.Man was that producer ever asleep.So were we I guess.
Hey Feriss we'll see you in Vancouver on May 11th.I remember shooting some video footage in Toronto in the early 80's but never saw a copy nor do I know of where to get it.However you have piqued my brain on that one.I'll get on it.Yeah,the old Witness stuff...I don't know exactly where to get it if at all.The singles were Jezebel,Harlem Lady and Forget Her Tomorrow.If anybody knows where to get this stuff let ME know too!I am thinking about posting a spot on our website to show fan shot footage(you know...cell phone movies)I am sure it would be fun to see some crazy crowd perspective show footage.Does that seem like an idea worth persuing?Just some thoughts.Thanks again to all you bloggers out there for your creative and positive comments.Keep the faith.Keep posting.J.

5 comments:

Electroman said...

Hi Jeff!

For the Trivia... Hot Cherie was covered by the band Hardline, and Danny Spanos. I knew Hardline recorded the Hot Cherie track, but just found out about Danny Spanos.

I just can not wait to hear the new music you guys are working on.

I have two Witness Inc singles in mp3 format. The tracks are titled "Jezebel" and "Not You Girl". I also have some scans of the group in a photo, and of the 45 sleeves. See my blog to view the scans.

I still love the Dancing With Danger album. I just wished Streetheart could pick up from there, record new material, and show all the other Rock Bands out there just how it is done. I believe it can happen, and will continue to keep my fingers crossed in the hopes that one day it will happen.

Never Stop Rockin...

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

HI Jeff!


I think that is so cool for littel kids to love you guys too and doesnt feel so awsome to know that you make kids like me loveing your guy's music i love it .. And can't wait till the concert in gerald sk do u know eneything about that concert like if it is out side? and the agust 18th one too Yahoo!...



How are you and the guy's? Does Kenny love seing Younger Kids At his concerts and mom loved the concert i winnipeg lol she wants to go to all the winnipeg concerts Lol and Hey am i one of thows kids that sed i loved your guy's music i lisent to streetheart all the time when i can Lol.. and you are rite your guy's music is so much better thay eney of the junck music the radio play's these days i lisent to wait till i here streetheart on the radio lol ... Did you guys realy play 4-5 set's a night??? if so (WOW) and yes i really do think posting a fan part on the site is a great idea and mabe fan art too?? and other stuff?? Hey JEff i ahve a big thing for you too see mabe you will get to see it at te next show or mabe i will send you a pic of it lol its a nother thing to put t othe clection of streetheart stuff you are going to flip whe nyou see this lol and we have something to give to you to keep too....




Keep On Rockin guy's
hopeing to see yopu soon! like in June? and hey streetheart fan's
Good going for loveing these guys thay Rock YAHOO!!!! hahaha


Kep Rockin Jeff and keep up the smooth guitar playing too you are the best Guitar player ever You rock and you are awsome ever SAy hi t o Kenny for me.

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey streetheart Fan's!!

if you ahve eneything cool you would love to share E amil me @

streetheart_is_the_best_band_ever@hotmail.com

thanks mariha

onemoretime said...

Thanks Jeff for taking the time to converse with us the fans. I think it's just great. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Give you the band at DWD time and you would have made that album a hit. The album sounds great, and anytime someone is working on songs they love it will be special. Can't wait my friend!! Gonna be a great summer. New Kenny album, new Harlequin album, I feel like I'm 20 years old again!!!
Some of that video footage they were talking about was from an old CBC local show in Winnipeg called 10:30 live. It was filmed at the old Norlander club on Thursday nights I believe and showcased the bands at the time. I believe Streetheart appeared twice, early on in their career. Bob (Herb) Ego talks about it on his site.
Further to Electroman's question, ANy plans to record a new Streetheart album? The band is fantastic and you must have some songs in your head looking vor a vehicle?
I'll keep looking for the caps. My son wants one to now. He's 5.
Talk to you soon Jeff. Keep us posted on the new album. Thanks again man for taking the time to discuss things. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. If only nthe internet was around in the aerly 80's!!!!

sxfd42 said...

Hi Jeff.

Thanks for the reply to my email. I'm a big fan from way back (70's and 80's). I have saw Streetheart play at least live 10 times or more. I still have a guitar pick and song list given to me by one of your roadies from a show you guys did in Bolton, ON back in the 80's. Once saw you guys open for Styx in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens. You guys were great and Styx was not so great.

Hoping you guys make it to Southern Ontario soon. Also from reading this blog your going to be putting out some more songs. I can't wait to hear them.

See yea.