Friday, March 21, 2008

Jeff Good Friday Mar.21/08

Isn't today the first day of spring?I'm looking at my calendar and it says that was yesterday but, I did pay half price for it so, who knows...lol.I know it's Good Friday and Easter is on Sunday so Happy Easter to you. I don't want to get into a religious thang here but when we were growing up the religious aspect of Easter was always something that we impatiently respected while most of our focus was on chocolate rabbits or chickens...do they still make chocolate chickens? That was always kinda freaky to me. How did the chicken become an Easter icon? What role did the chicken play? As a matter of fact how in the heck did we get to eating chocolate animals as a way to celebrate a story of death and resurrection? I think I missed something along the way. Perhaps I shoulda listened a bit more in Sunday school. Again, I'm trying to be funny here and not trying to offend anyone although some of those who represent our spiritual freedoms and beliefs have done some pretty offensive stuff for people who call themselves men/women of faith and goodness. Talk about having faith, try playing and making a living in a rock band! That requires a leap of faith that would make Evel Knievel check his tire pressure. lol. Truthfully, I can't complain and anybody who knows me knows that I am good and grateful for everything in my life. 
Speaking of gratitude, a couple of shouts...We played in Winnipeg last Friday as part of the Brier National Tournament at the Convention Centre and I gotta say it was great and of course a complete sell-out at 5,500 people with another 2,000 or so turned away. Thanks to Roger Powell and his staff for a great job and making everything run smoothly for us and to the guys at All Star Productions, thank you all. Nice job boys. We (Streetheart) look forward to working together with all of you again soon. I thought that Kenny was great on the night. He sang particularly well and I thought the whole band was tight and strong. Gotta thank Daryl for the pre-gig huddle and getting our game focus clear. We do have the best fans. It makes things so easy when everyone is so supportive and willing to have a good time with us. It makes each gig special and when it's all said and done I'll have these great memories to look back on. Thanks for letting this slab of meat have such an amazing life experience... 
Thanks to Kevin Ferris for finding a typo on our website. It was small but he found it buried deep in the discography. Hey Kev, don't you sleep? haha. Thanks for the heads up. Gotta be right with the facts ya know. I think I just got some numbers mixed up along the way because I talked to Daryl and he gave me the correct info so... it's all fixed now!!!!
I want to thank you all (SXFD42, Miss Barb, Electroman and the rest of you) for the the input so far on our Greatest hits CD and things are moving along steadily but without the record label machine it is tougher pushing this thing forward although less stressful in some aspects. I appreciate your candor and wishes in regards to songs and most of you are spot on and thinking the same as we are already. HEY GINA!!! it was so nice to hear from you again. I never had a chance to thank you for the wonderful photos you sent to me 2 springs ago. I was moving at that time and had your return address (yeah,yeah) but have looked high and low for it without success. Please send me a return address to our web address so I can thank you personally for your great photos. I hope all is well with you and your family and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Loudmouth, good song choices and yes, I want to see a bit of everything on this Cd as well. We'll do our best bro'. Looking forward to going down east this summer and I am hoping to put some more shows together and touch base with more of our longtime fans out there. Ok Keith, do you remember Virginia Ovals? tic, tic,tic...To the rest of you out there Virginia Ovals was not the girl of our dreams (for me that was Lenora Kroeker), it is what we used to refer to the flattened out, hidden in your back pocket, cigarettes as...you know, the cigarettes and girls thing (reference my bio here).I think they were probably MacDonald's Menthol or Rothman's...this is making me laugh out loud again. What a time we had as kids!
Well, it's after 9:00am now and I have to tackle some business if everybody isn't too busy eating them chocolate farm animals...ok, where are those bunny ears...lol.  J.

8 comments:

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Happy Easter JEff,

Lol i really dont know how the chicken became easter ether lol so dont feel bad . And OMG thats a lot og PPL at that concert in Iwnnipeg Wich mom said WAS AWSOME!!!!! and dont worry im not gonna grow up fast im now 14 but only 2 years till drivrs yahoo lol do u know who was reacording you guy and if i could find it eney where ?... Hi Kenny and Tim and Jake and Daryl too see all in july in Reed Deer AB...


See you then Mariha
PCE

Loudmouth said...

Hi Jeff! Just wondering about a song. How come the band does not play "Have It Your Way"? The last time I saw you guys do it was on the Dancing With Danger tour at the old Wpg. Arena. You opened with it, and when the vocals kicked in everyone was looking for Kenny and he was nowhere to be found. Then we all looked up and there he was, coming down on the lighting rig. That is still my fav. opening of all time. It is definitely an all time Streetheart classic and was just wondering why it's not in the show. BTW, saw the "Brier" show, it was FANTASTIC!! Love that "Pressure", "Move On Over" & "Just For You" are in the show. Great job!!

Electroman said...

Hey Jeff!!!

Just a question. Has Kenny or yourself work on any recent new material?

The reason I am asking is because it would be really cool if the new greatest hits package had a few new cuts on it!!! That would be a total blast!!!

Unknown said...

Jeff:
Sure, I remember Virginia Ovals. If they weren't Rothmans or Mac-Do-Men, they could have been Sportsman's. Those were the first ones we tried. Probably with a Marge's Pizza. Those were great times. I'm glad I didn't continue the smoking thing, but I sure miss Marge's. The more I think about those days, the more I realize that we were actually working out all the time....learning the music business. We rehearsed like crazy, explored pretty sophisticated music for our young age, and actually did lots of gigs. I recall doing a regular weekly dance in a church basement (sort of like the Cavern Club, ha ha). When I give advice to young musicians today, I tell them to do exactly what we did at that time. That is the only way to develop your skills and learn to play with other musicians. It served us well.

Fanny said...

I'm not sure if Streetheart is inclined to add the occasional cover tune to your live shows (not that the classic Streetheart songs are not the absolute best!). But if you are ever considering it, I have two requests. One is to include one which I have heard you guys do several times: the Stones' "Angie" - Kenny has just the right voice and intonation for this song! The other, I heard Kenny sing many, many years ago, at one the of Gimli Sunfests (or whatever they were called): Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb". It was a perfect summer afternoon, blazing blue sky, slight breeze, hot sun, and Kenny was mesmerizing! I've never forgotten it!

But the most amazing memory comes from a Streetheart concert at one of the Minnedosa Classic Rock festivals...'97? '98? It was when Streetheart was on a comeback of live performances again. You had just reached the instrumental part of "What Kind of Love is This" and the crowd spontaneously, quietly at first, and then a little stronger, began singing the chorus, with absolute love and devotion. It was so touching to watch Kenny's face as he took this in - he was clearly moved. I hope he recalls this moment as much as his fans in the audience do!

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

HI Jeff OMG im so happy and ecited im gonna be in Estavan sk june 14 with mom and gess wut we might be bringing HAILEE!!!!!! i just hope i dont get to over ecsited THOE!!! and i have never sat befor at the AWSOME AWSOME STREETHEART CONCERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait i hope i get to see u agian and the others and finly to meet Jake YAHOO!! ........... Is there eney way you can play Wanna be with you there ? or DRUG STROE DANCER !!! i'v allways wanted to hear thoes songs live, and Story telller and hot Sherie OMG THAT MY FAV OLD STREETHEART SONG!!! ... Keep a rock'n Luv forever!!!!,..........


See you in a few weeks Luv Mariha .....

Unknown said...

Just saw that Streetheart's playing Ottawa at the Navan Fair this July, looking forward to that one!

I feel like the guy at the opening of Zappa's Lumpy Gravy LP... "The way I see it, Barry, is this is going to be a very dynamite show..." :-)

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Jeff,
AWSOME show this past saturday OMg that i will never forget every de tale the onyl word for this concert is (AWSOME)!!! All ways ppl im crazy for my moms bday i bought me nad my mom VIP tikets for her b -day presten i cant wait till tomorow !! i posted my pics from other cocnert on my streetheart Blog! ( Take a look)
and more from this to come VIP Style :p YAHOOOOO lol
Jeff seeya in july in Ab well i gotta get ready everyone and jeff luv ya forever!!!


Your best fan Under 20 ( SMILEING)

Mariha