Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jeff Tuesday Mar.04/08

Hey out there,
Thought that I would get up a little early before the rush of the business day starts and write a bit.I have finally knocked down the licensing rights for our old material for our Greatest Hits CD so now we are truly in business.Now it's just about graphics,artwork and content.If you have any ideas about what you'd like to see or read about let me know.Your input is important to me and is part of my creative process so if are so inclined I am currently accepting all ideas but hurry kids,this is a limited time offer and will not be repeated...
I'd like to address some of the comments from the last post.Thanks to you who took some time.It is always great to know you are there.It doesn't have to be much,a hello is good but anyways... Rob,hey it's been a long time!Thanks for the inspiring words and I hope all is good in your life.You never know sometimes if your thoughts and /or ideas are connecting with anyone or even making any sense so to have you say the things you did makes me realize once again, how important our actions and words are.You can't just say things with impunity.All things matter and I try to(as I am reminded constantly that what we do has cause and effect)conduct myself as though everything has consequences...within reason here of course.I don't mull over whether having chicken salad for lunch will affect the universal balance.Common sense is always the guide... but Rob,I appreciate what you have said and yes it is great to still be making music with Kenny and doing great shows that still pack considerable punch.Not bad for a band that has been together for 30 years...wow, thats a long time.I hope we get to hook up again in the near future Rob.All the best.
Yeah,E...why doesn't Streetheart want to record a new album.Just so we are clear.I want to record another Streetheart album and I'd start tomorrow if we could.You have to understand here that it isn't that easy getting all sides together and then managing successfully everyone's agenda's.You have 5 grown up(within reason)men who have pretty much formed their own perspective and outlook on life and that needs to be respected.I didn't say agree with, I said respected. I think that is the key factor here.We've all grown up differently so in order for this to work we would need to find a connecting thread.In the early days that thread was easier to find.Passion for music,the desire to be great,money,girls,cars,sex...younger men's overt dreams. OK,so I've never really grown up but that's besides the point...lol.The point here is that the only way we'll be able to record another Streetheart album/CD or whatever you want to call it,is when everybody wants to be in the same room with each other because the music matters enough to appreciate what each guy does and even what he represents to our own personal history and that the sum total, upside and downside, is accepted and respected.I truly hope we get there soon.By asking you are doing your part here E. It is something I want as much as you do.
Speaking of personal history,I want to talk about and directly to an old friend.You have probably read my bio,if you're reading this,and many of you ask me about that girls and cigarettes thang...When I was very young,around 11 years old, I met another kid named Keith Murch.He was 2 years older than me which made him extremely cool and worldly to start with but most importantly Keith played guitar.I'm not talking about some kid chopping out bad versions of Gloria here I am talking about a real player at 13.I was so impressed because he was better than me by a long shot.You see, Keith came from a family of great guitarists.His Dad, Doug was a highly respected jazz guitarist and was even a close friends with Chet Atkins!(I remember the photos) and his older brother Glen(was that Glen or Glenn?Sorry Keith,time you know. lol) was playing in a rock band(The Four of Us) that was actually doing gigs and from my impressionable, adolescent perspective were already famous! This story is long as is my memory and too much to tell all of today but very briefly Keith was that friend/that rock buddy who influenced the foundations of my musical life.We were John and Paul.Because of his skill I learned early to expect the best of myself and everyone(sometimes to their untimely musical demise) I played with.That friendship,as it turns out, is one of the most important cornerstones that I have built my career on.When I went to Keith's website and saw him again and photos of his family,playing music and living life well,I hope you all have people in your memories that make you feel like I feel about my friend.Keith,I could still pick you out of a crowd and when I saw that old photo of you and Glen...Wow that is like yesterday for me... and wasn't that a Harmony Rocket you were playing?As I said, there is too much to tell about this part of my life in one sitting, so more stories to unfold for you at a later time if you'd like and besides, I hear my train a comin' and it sounds like my agent...Peace out there. J.

10 comments:

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Electroman said...

Right On!!! Glad to hear that you will be able to go ahead with the Greatest Hits package. As for the album cover... I think the early Streetheart albums with the girl on the cover were awesome. Cant go wrong with that!!!

Thanks for filling me in on the details of cutting a new record. I understand all of the points you made. I will always dream of the day of when I hear Streetheart is in the studio creating a new slab of rock!!!

Never Stop Rockin...

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey there Jeff,

I have an idea for the Cd you really need to put how much fan's out there these dayz that are in the teen's and littel chidren too like that littel 5 year old and me hahaha and a new pic of the band would be awsome like the old dayz lol . And i have a cuple ppl that are so very special to me theres You Kenny Tim Blair & Daryl too and my Best Firends Kale and Ian and my mom and dad .. I love you guys and them all so much i Love you Kenny Tim Blair and Daryl Couse you guys Brighten my life up every song from STREETHEART mean so much to me makes me feel so happy and everytime a STREETHEART songs plays or i turn it on i instnley Start to sing word for word and dance. I'll tell you all something that is really Creepy and Awosme lol ..
I Know word for word for every STREETHEART & WITNESS INC. if i only had the music to all the songs i could sing word to word for the whole song ....


Well i better be off its 12:39 AM here in regina and i have skool tomorow but ahhhhhhhh i get upo everyday at 7:10 and out the door by 8:26 everymoreing evr after a late night like tonite lol.. i love see the new blogs ther awsome keep it upp jeff we love you and Streetheart band too...



Cincerly !!!!

Mariha the crazy streetheart kid.

MissBarb said...

So glad to hear that a new CD is in the works, and good for you Jeff, sounds like you are jazzed to start the creative process.

My best friend just e mailed me the lineup for London (Ont) "Rock the Park", going on this summer- to my surprise- Streetheart was on the list!
THANKS for coming east, as Streetheart always had a huge following in the western provinces(where i grew up)yet not alot of people from here I have met know of Streetheart (D^&$heads, I know)

I better get back to work, thanks again!

Unknown said...

Jeff:
I really appreciate all of the things you said about our early days discovering music together. Like you said, I also think of our friendship and our exploration into music when we were kids as a life-changing event which formed the basis of many things that have been with me for 40 years (wow! that's a long time). It was very moving to hear you describe those days the way you did, and to say that they meant as much to you as they did to me. Since we went our separate ways, I chose not to make music a full-time occupation, but I never stopped playing and have always had a very fulfilling musical career on the side. You went on to do the incredible things that we dreamed of in the beginning, and you have shared your gift with the world. I have always been very happy for you and it gives me great joy to think that we provided encouragement and inspiration to each other at the start. Oh, and yes I played a Harmony Rocket....and another thing......if you ever want to hear an audio recording of our television debut, I have it (should be wild!)
Keith Murch

Loudmouth said...

Long time fan. and for the "hits" CD would love to see a double disc, maybe A side with the big radio hits and B side with some classic album tracks. Would be especially cool to have some of the songs that are currently not available on CD. On the "radi" side, how about studio cuts like Just For You, Snow White, Action, and on the "Album" side tunes like Dreaded Dotted Line, Storyteller, and of course some tracks from the "forgotten" Streetheart albums like Quicksand & Dancing? Would kill for CD versions of Draggin' You Down, 500 Miles, Sin City, Too Hot To Stop, Night Writer, You're Not The Only One, etc. I could probably ramble on for ever ... Would sure love the full uncut live version of "Thumb" to be included, my opinion, the band at it's finest. Even the lost Buried Treasure has some work in progress gems on it.
Dave in Wpg

Loudmouth said...

Long time fan. and for the "hits" CD would love to see a double disc, maybe A side with the big radio hits and B side with some classic album tracks. Would be especially cool to have some of the songs that are currently not available on CD. On the "radi" side, how about studio cuts like Just For You, Snow White, Action, and on the "Album" side tunes like Dreaded Dotted Line, Storyteller, and of course some tracks from the "forgotten" Streetheart albums like Quicksand & Dancing? Would kill for CD versions of Draggin' You Down, 500 Miles, Sin City, Too Hot To Stop, Night Writer, You're Not The Only One, etc. I could probably ramble on for ever ... Would sure love the full uncut live version of "Thumb" to be included, my opinion, the band at it's finest. Even the lost Buried Treasure has some work in progress gems on it.
Dave in Wpg

SXFD42 said...

Any new CD would be great. So many great songs to pick from. I would like "Storyteller" or "Who's turn is it tonight". Love both those songs.

I see you are playing in London, ON this summer. Do you have any other dates planed for Ontario this year. I would love to see the band play live again as many time as possiable ( it's been over 25 years since I last saw Streetheart live, opened for Styx at Mapleleaf Gardens).

I will sure go out and buy the new Best Of CD when released and another studio CD from Streetheart would be greattttttttttt!

See yea.

ginapulai said...

Jeff,
I was wondering if you ever received the photos in the mail of you guys I sent to your place almost a year and a half ago! haha.
You gave me your home address when you played in Moose Jaw, sk.
Anyway, just wondering if you ever got them!

Thanks! And if you did receive them - I hope you enjoyed them!

Gina Pulai.

wade ontario canada said...

l must say right off the top l have been a streetheart fan ever since l bought the cassette under heaven over hell the sound that came threw my speakers was amazeing and l was hocked and bought all the bands cd's from that point on as of yet l have never seen the band live l am going to have the pleasure this summer since you's will be in london ont at the show ..rocks the park ca'nt wait guys the only song l miss haveing in my collection is a tune from the album called STORYTELLER the vocals blew me away l ca'nt seem to buy it anywere's can anyone help me and please know your one of canada's best bands ever take care keep rocken guys