Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Jeff Tuesday Aug.07/07

Tuesday,and just a little rain to freshen up this slightly parched Vancouver.I'm feeling somewhat under the weather myself.Some kind of virus that I am sure I picked up on one of my plane flights during the week.We played Minnedosa/Rockin' the Fields this past Friday and for those of you who were there thanks for the great evening(and those cheeky flashes too,thanks girls!) and if you weren't there well....we had some large fun to say the least.It has always been a great gig and thanks to Tom Cook for inviting us to play and his event staff for a well run concert.We also got to talk to a lot of you after the show at the merch booth and take a few pix so for those of you who dropped by it was good to see you all again and I hope the rest of your weekend was fun.I got a few reports back that said we were the highlight of the weekend(it's ok to blow my own horn you guys,it's my blog,lol...)so thanks for that.We did have a solid show and all the boys in the band felt we were on top of our game so to speak.It really means something to me to be part of a band that has such an important legacy and is still relevant today.I have been doing this music thang for a few years now(hey,stop laughing...I am trying to be serious)so I appreciate that,at this point in certainly my career,I am associated with such gifted players and good men in general as the guys in Streetheart.It is a source of personal satisfaction for me and I am glad that all of you are around as well to enjoy it and be part of it with me.
I have a few days left this week to get some biz(I'm not just talkin' laundry here) taken care of then I am off Thursday to Ottawa.We have a show in Cornwall,Ontario Friday with Helix and Prism and then we travel to and play in Lewisporte,NFLD. on Saturday then I fly home next day to Vancouver.Last time I looked at a map St. John's was closer to Rome,Italy than Vancouver B.C..Sunday will be a long plane ride home so when you get up and have your coffee Sunday morning think of me...and when you go to bed Sunday night think of me again...still flying,still trying to get home,sigh(feeling so sorry for Jeff right now).
On another note I have a meeting in two weeks with our lawyer regarding all of the Streetheart back catalogue and where we stand with that,so,for all of you,"Where the ^%*$ can we get your CD's" people, perhaps I'll have a bit of an update and although probably nothing completely earth-shattering at least a current report.Thanks for being there everyone,have a great weekend and I'll let you know how it all worked out when I get home...sometime very,very late Sunday night.in a galaxy far,far away,after you are all asleep...shhh...J.

5 comments:

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey Jeff,

Im sry i hear that ur r not feeling good i hope u feel better (!! SOON !!) we will be seeing u ME & mom that is lol goos girl flashing Jeff give him a boost..lol i will see you in portage to show my supot more and more and make my slef look like im nuts LOL

Never Stop rovking you gus we love you Streetheart ....



Mariha

STORYTELLER said...

Kenny Shields & Streetheart ARE Canadian Classic Rock. That's why you are always the highlite of all shows every where you go. STREETHEART is the BEST, and always will be. ROCK ON BOYS!!!!
KENNY! KENNY! KENNY!

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey Jeff,

Sorry to Hear that you are not feeling well ! Hope you feel Better !!( SOON )? You will be seeing ( Me & Mom ) In Portage Lol ... We will Be There Makeing Are Selvs Look Like we are nuts Lol...Mostley me but u know how that goes ... and to give you ((Boys!)) Lots of support and more of an (AWSOME NIGHT) !! lol


Lol Good Girls With the Flashing the Boys Giveing Jeff and the BOYS! a Good BOOST!!! lol ( RIGHT JEFF) now thats my kind of a night.. lol UMMMMMMMMMMMM NOT) Sorry for posting agina i missed Spelt on my other 1 Typing too fast agina lol...


Well seee ya in 10 days Jeff ROCK ON STREETHEART

STREETHEART! STREETHEART ! STREETHEART YOU ROCK STREETHEART...


Mariha the crazy
Streetheart Kid//

Hope to say hi to you and the boys!! too

j judge said...

Hi Jeff,

Just discovered you "blog". I am so not the computer girl but because of you Im curious and learning!Saw 2 of your shows, in Vancouver and Langley and I danced like i was 21 again! I also saw a bunch of 21 year olds at your show and they knew all your tunes as well as I did, loved that! Its good to see the younger ones have great taste in music. I really love your "blogs" and the little peak it gives us into your crazy life.And the not so little peaks you get from the girls at your shows! Thats Rock n Roll! Havent seen a show as great as Streethearts in a long time. Thank-You!Keep bringing the real music to the world! lol Jacqui Judge

SXFD42 said...

Glad to hear you and the guys are having a busy summer. Wish I could see one of those shows.

I finally got a reply from Much music about airing a taping of Streetheart from the Newmusic show from 1981 or so. It was one hour concert of the band. From what I remeber of it was great!. Really got me hooked on them.

Here is thier reply:

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your interest in The NewMusic. Unfortunately it's not likely that we'd air such old episodes, and unfortunately you can't purchase the episode due to copyright laws. Sorry.

Perhaps other peolpe could send them a email requesting the show. It would be worth it. I have already sent them another email. Maybe they will get tired of me and play it :-)

There is however no girls flashing during this video lol....

Gary