Monday, July 30, 2007

Jeff Monday July 30/07

Monday morning and back at it.Hope you all had a good weekend.Mine was the one and only free weekend this summer and basically all I did was sleep!It has been a busy year for me so far so to put my brain into cruise mode for a few days was,I think, somewhat theraputic.However today the guilts hit me and it's like... "come on you lazy bastard.let's get at it" so here I am.Lol. We are playing in Minnedosa/Rockin the Fields this Friday for those of you in the Manitoba/Sask. region.Hope some of you get out for the show.We always have a good time out there and everyone is in that crazy-eyed weekend warrior state having wild fun.Not for the faint of heart!
Is it just me or does it seem as though the band is going through a renaissance of sorts right now?We have had a series of really strong shows this year and the response has been so great and we have had such good positive vibes around the band for quite a while now.I sort of put it down to work ethic and pride in a job well done but we have been getting such good feedback from you all that I am sometimes overwhelmed by how good it all seems to be.There are certain moments during our shows where I feel like I did when I first started out,you know, with all that young,unrelenting,naive and world-changing energy.It feels like we are a new band,not simply going through the motions as I have witnessed with other acts(and I know you know what I mean)but it is more of that busting your ass attitude to prove your worth every night kind of thang.It is a very good feeling.You must know that we could never just cruise through any of our shows and we thank you all for your part in making this band such a great thing for us.
Well kids,I do have some pressing,unavoidable phone business to take care of now so I'm going to have to hit it but I was just kind of feeling like...boy Jeff,you have a good life and a lot to be grateful for.Just wanted to let you know! J.

5 comments:

onemoretime said...

You are so right Jeff. You feel like that because your effort and commitment enable and entitle you to feel that way. Back in April at MyBar in Winnipeg you guys were amazing. It could have been '82 all over again. You guys have a unique chemistry that few bands are lucky to have. That is why I am willing to part with my money to see you guys everytime you are here. I dragged my wife to a show and she was literally blown away. She has been a fan ever since. Keep it up Jeff, you guys are the real deal and I hope that you get all the credit you deserve. And on a selfish n ote, I hope you record some new material for the growing number of new, young fans because we both know that there is a strong following of younger people.

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey Jeff,

As you know Jeff. I'm a very very Big Fan of Streetheart. lol. Since the age of 12 yeah, it might only be 2 years but like OneMoreTime Said " there is a lot of Younger Kids out there today who love you and the boys. (IM 1 OF THEM GO Streetheart GO!!)YAHOO! When i saw you guys for the Frist time i all most died it was so awsome i whent on and on for days/years about that CONCERT LOL. the Regina sask one on july 22/06 and all the other ones too. Now i haven't Stopped talking about the Gerald Concert for month's lol.

Never Stop Rockin !!! Love Mariha

SXFD42 said...

Glad to hear your having a great summer. I got my poster couple of weeks ago, it was signed by all the band. It's in frame hanging proudly up now. Boy I sure wish I lived closer to see you guys play. I live down in the banana belt of Canada (near Windsor, ON) and even the Cornwall, ON show would be a very long trip ( 8 to 10hr drive I would think). I have not seen Streetheart play live since about 1982 or so when I saw the band play in Bolton, ON. By far it was the best concert I have ever saw and it is still the best concert to this day.

I just emailed Much Music to see if they will re-run a Streetheart show from the early 80's that aired on the New Music show. Hopefully they will at least respond to my email. I'll let you know what the reply is if any.

Have a great summer and please make your way down to the banana belt.

See yea!

STORYTELLER said...

Hi Guys,
Great to hear you had a good rest Jeff. something the body needs once in awhile. No need for the guilts as you genuinely deserve it especially after 30yrs. of that prove your worth every show attitude. It wouldn't be Streetheart it you didn't have that attitude. And that is what seperated the pros from the amitures. Good things come those who do good. You've done good all your lives now your getting it given back. I have introduced probably 20+ younger kids to your music and they have never been able to put the songs out of their heads. They know the pros from the dead beats. Keep it up guys It's YOUR TIME TO SHINE. Storyteller

mariha flutur said...

Hey Jeff T oall Streetheart fan like me !!! Lol you are the only band in the world and the best new band even tho u arent but U r lol ,,,,,,,,