Monday, February 9, 2009

Jeff Monday Feb.09/09

Hey out there,
First, thanks for the positive feedback on the last posting. It was a tricky subject and a little awkward to discuss even after all this time. However, I am learning that honesty and truth, even when it ain't pretty, is important and somewhat cathartic. Ok, movin' on...
Monday morning , Vancouver beautiful sunny day, gonna be about 8 degrees, yeah,  I know it's not summer but it does feel a little springy (is that a word?). I got out in the yard on the weekend and cleaned up some of the damage from the Christmas snow storms. A lot of broken limbs and branches to deal with but at least no more snow. Had a good week last week in regards to sorting out some Streetheart business and it is interesting that as long as you keep at it things have a way of getting done that is, as long as you have some semblance of respect incorporated in your personal delivery system. Time is a great teacher but then again so is getting your ass kicked. I know the second one real well.
I went and saw our bass player Jake play with the Rankins on the weekend. Jake has been doing that gig long before Streetheart and their February tour slots in nicely with the fact that we are fairly quiet this time of year. The Rankins were great. Real nice production and they were a little more Celtic than country which was appealing to me being a good Irish boy. Some lovely moments, very touching stuff and great singing. Nice to hear quality like that. 
Went to my good friend Johnny Demarco's 50th birthday party. He's a great singer/ songwriter that I co-produced (with him) with last year. Check him out at www.johnnydemarco.net to hear some of that CD. He's a standup guy with an amazing and powerful story. Take a moment, it's worth it. Anyways, my girlfriend Liz and I went to his party on Saturday which was big fun, you see, he's an East Van/North Burnaby Italian so, too much good food, lots of homemade wine, kids, dogs and some of the best people you could meet. Of course being Irish we get along with the Italians, we got lots in common. You couldn't have a more loyal friend but don't piss us off. (we both have similar ways of getting things done that usually occur late at night) Remember, we never forget anything! So, lots of laughs but a nasty hangover. I think it was mixing Johnny Demarco's Italian homemade wine and Johnny Ferreira's Portugese wine or maybe it was that large glass of Bushmill's Irish whiskey I had when I got home...yikes. Thanks Mr and Mrs. Demarco for the wonderful food and great party. Nice to be a part of it all.
So needless to say Sunday Liz and I layed on the sofa recovering all day watching James Bond movies (the Sean Connery ones, Goldfinger, Thunderball and You Only Live Twice)  in HD which we both love so that was a nice way to spend a lazy Sunday. Man, those Bond girls, (I'm talkin' Pussy Galore here) you just gotta love the 60's. I do get more of the double entendre jokes now than when I was 8 years old. Pretty fun stuff. It all seems so innocent now. Ok, I gotta get out of the house and do stuff. I mean, I got a life too! Peace out...J.

1 comment:

STORYTELLER said...

Hey Glad to see you enjoying life. The Rankins Luv them. A little celtic in us all. Have a great down time. Storyteller