Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jeff Thursday Feb.26/09

Hey there...
A few seconds before the business of life musters up it's full force and throws me against a brick wall. I mean that in a good way of course. I love being busy and having lots to do. Funnily enough, it brings my stress level down. I am kinda uncomfortable with nothing to do. What does it all mean?  I never discussed that with my therapist as I was too busy with other pressing matters that somehow held much more importance at the time although, I can't remember any of them now. Guess they weren't that important after all... (thankful for that).
Ok, the Witness Inc. CD is almost ready for prime time. Through the kind co-operation of Universal Music we are finally going to get it released. My apologies to those who have waited so long for this. As soon as have all our legal ducks (I think I like the look of  them Hef style bunnies better somehow) in a row we'll be good to go. 
It snowed yesterday. Shit. Remember, I'm a golfer. You ever try and follow a white ball in the snow? It ain't easy baby... Ah well, there's always something else to do. Oh right, I do have a singer/songwriter that I am currently producing coming in from Calgary this weekend so I guess I'll be busy anyways. Perhaps next week if all goes well and I'm a good boy (wicked smile that you can't see). 
I'm doing laundry today. Boy that's exciting huh? It's all gotta be done and I don't have a maid or butler so... Jeff's laundry service, back in business. It's ok, I'm also the gardener/landscaper so why not? Let's do it all. I mean, I have to be clean as it helps me to think more clearly. Seriously. That's sort of crazy I know, but that's me anyways. Too many years in hotels I guess. You just get used to things being done. Wake up, go have breakfast, come back to your room and voila! clean as if by magic! Yeah, well as it turns out the only magic is a mop and bucket so, let's get at it kids... Alright, that's it for today. Just some ramblings from the morning but I gotta get going here. Life's pretty good as it turns out. It's all way too much fun and I wouldn't trade my blessed life for anything at the moment. Peace my friends. Have a great weekend...J.

7 comments:

STORYTELLER said...

Hey Jeff I told you I would be glad to solve that maid/etc. problem for you anytime. LOL!
WITNESS INC. CD YEAH!!!!! been waiting patiently. Have a great weekend and stay clean and GOOD!
:) Storyteller

Mick said...

Hey Jeff,

Boring Sunday in Warsaw...just decided to look at your blog. Nice words amigo... it's nice to see the guest's responses too.
Looking forward to getting home and our dinner party mang...

Take care,

Mick

Mick said...

Hey - by the way - what are the lyrics to Teenage Rage?

I was just listening to that song - great tune by Spyder I think right?

If anyone has the lyrics please post them k?

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

HEy Jeff Can't Wait Till i get the new CD!!! YAHOOO!....

Hope to make it out to a concert SOON SOON SOON!...


Ill Be your Maid LOL!!!!!
IM used to it! :P ( WINK you Can't see hehe)


I HAve a Qustion for you Jeff


What Made Streetheart You Favorite Band When you were a Kid?...


Hope To See you All Sooon!

Mariha

Albert Bannatyne said...

Teenage Rage lyrics are not that hard to hear...

I don't know where she come(s) from
I can't tell if she's rich or poor
I know she's here to have fun
She's gonna get it that's for sure

She puts on the make-up
She wraps the flag around her
She pops a few beans and pogos all night
Spray paint in her hair
You know she doesn't care
Wonder where she'll be in five years

I can't tell if she sees me
It don't matter who's on the stage
As I watch her dance it shows me
It's all part of a teenage rage

(chorus again)

Albert Bannatyne said...

For all you fans that didn't know Streetheart once did a music video (it was news to me!), someone has uploaded this gem from 1979:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6BJs9IHVw.

Way back in the day, I remember watching them on a local Winnipeg show called "10:00 Live" and later renamed "10:30 Live", broadcast from the St Vital Hotel on St Mary's. I saw them on two occasions, I think once pre-Jeff Neill and I can't remember whether Jeff was there the second time, but it was before the eponymous LP came out. These were the days before everyone had VCRs, but I'd love to see it again.

Marvin said...

I read it three times to make sure the beer wasn't obscuring my reading. Witness cd ready. Yahoo all to hell. I will be first in line to get it.