Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jeff Thursday Feb.19/09

Fore...
Yeah, I took a little break and played golf on Tuesday with one of my good friends and I gotta say that it was an amazing day. About 10 degrees but in the sunshine it felt much warmer. I am not sure how many other people in Canada, outside of the Lower Mainland, can say they golfed on February 17, 2009. It basically sums up why I have lived out here for the last 30 years (other than the 11 years that I lived in Australia and Europe between 1986-1997). I love all parts of Canada but when it comes to living year round give me Vancouver. BTW, it doesn't rain all the time... Yesterday I was able to work in the yard most of the afternoon digging up weeds and culling the lush overgrowth. I tell you, if you wanna stay in shape (which happens to come in handy in this Rock and Roll business), work out in your yard for a few hours everyday. I mean have you ever seen an out of shape landscaper? I love doing the work and so does my fabulous girlfriend (as in she loves me doing the work! remember, I'm supposed to be funny here). Don't misunderstand me, Liz is an extremely motivated and focused woman in her own line of work. It's really just about me not wanting her to do it since she does work so hard most days and she is such a gorgeous and delicate beauty that it seems, somehow, not quite right to me. I am kinda old school about these things and really, if I want her to be dirty and sweaty, well, that is something completely different... Ok, we're smiling at the double entendre now. The truth is we have a wonderful life together, I love her dearly and am inspired everyday by her kindness and her beautiful spirit. I am an extremely lucky man and not a day goes by that I don't appreciate all the good things I have. It would be such a shame to waste any of this amazing experience called living at this point in our lives. Personally I have already spent younger years worrying about many things that didn't turn out to be that important after all. Live and love fully today because today is all we have. I know I'm paraphrasing somebody although, I don't know exactly who that is at the moment. I guess that's just where I am at today. I have much to be thankful for between love, work and play and I just wanted to let you know that. Having recently gone through some tough times I cherish all that I have now and I wish you all that same happiness. You've given me a lifetime of great moments and memories that I never lose sight of and you are taking part in a journey that is far from over. So, what do you think, wanna see what's around the next corner?   J.   BTW, Jake...how was the Soo my friend?    

No comments: