Monday, February 11, 2008

Jeff Monday Feb.11/08

OK... It's Q&A Time,
First of all,thanks everybody for logging on.I am pleased to get your feedback and will always try to make time to address all of your questions.Kevin was asking how did Streetheart hear about me in regards to replacing John Hannah.Well,Kevin,I already knew the guys well enough and usually everytime I saw them I was asking when John was leaving the band and when do I start...(that was supposed to be funny)...Some of you may know this already but Herb Ego was my brother in law at that time(that's now ancient history BTW)so we used to see each other quite a bit at family gatherings,etc and we always talked shop. Herb knew that I was happening and John was slowly being dragged down by life and stuff so when he got too sick to play anymore I was ready to go but still had to negotiate the audition part of it all as the band and the record company had their own ideas about replacements but you know,I just fit in especially after I killed all the other guitarists waiting to audition.(Once again,trying to be funny).Seriously,I knew some of the other guys trying out and they were all very talented so I am grateful to have been the nod for the job.They made the right choice as it turns out...here we are! Anyways Kevin,a little Coles notelike but fairly accurate in the information.Next time I see you I'll fill in any other blanks for you ok?Thanks Kimba for the condolences,yes it was a great show in Calgary,but Calgary is ALWAYS fun.Great to hear from you too Miss Barb,we hope to get to your part of the world soon and Mariha,we'll see you in Regina I am guessing and finally electroman,I don't think we'll be in Gerald this year as the April Wino's will be headlining that but I hope you have a good time nonetheless.I am sure Myles and the boys will be great. So,that's it for now,I'm digging the new iMac.It's so much easier and faster to keep up with all of you.Stay cool and we'll see you soon.J.

3 comments:

Mr Plaza Suite said...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else was aware that Ace Frehley does a cover of Dancing With Danger on the Frehley's Comet album Second Sighting. Writing credits in the liner include streetheart although from the clip I heard the song is very different.

Jeff & Co. - looking forward to the WPG show in March - any plans on sneaking something obscure in the set?

Rocka Rolla
CH

Unknown said...

If the floor is open to questions, here's one that you might be able to help with...

If you search hard enough on the WWW you can find a link to a recording of a show recorded at Joe's Garage in Transcona in 2002 (Jeff, it sounds like you weren't playing with Kenny at this time). I don't know whether it was billed as Streetheart, or the Kenny Shields Band, or what.

I'd guess this is a bootleg recording but the audio is better quality than you'd expect with a microphone in an audience. It sounds almost like a tape direct from the board, except that the drums and bass are very low in the mix most of the time.

One of the songs in this recording is titled as "Kid's Song" and the chorus
include "why does the sun keep shining, why are the answers never the same".

Here comes the question...

I've never heard this song anywhere else and google can't help me ID it --- is this a cover of someone else's song, or is it original to Kenny and/or the band?

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Thx for makeing me part of the blogger BUT NOT COMEING TO THE STREETHEART COCNERT HERE TODAY COUSE IM NOT 18 BOOO!! BUT REALLY HOPEING TO SEE U STILL ? YOUR ALL THE BEST ILOVE YOU GUYS YOU ROCK ,,,,


rock on mariha AND HEY I HAVE A ?

HOW DID YOU FIND STREETHEART AND IS IT AWSOME TO BE IN THE BAND THATS MY DREAM THAT I WANT TO CHECK OFF MY LIST OF THINGS T DO BEFOR I DIE IS TO GO ON STAGE WITH YHOU GUYS,


lUV YOU FOREVER mariha