Sunday, February 17, 2008

Jeff Sunday Feb.17/08

Yeah...
Wow,what a weekend.For those of you at the Regina show,thanks for coming out and rockin' the house.We had a great time although there were a few technical glitches before the show but thanks to some amazing people(that would be you Edgar for bringing in the Marshall amp,you saved the day bro')we got things happening and had a terrific night in spite of it all. Mariha,you can thank your Mom for getting the DWD shirt signed.It is always a pleasure to do that stuff for you as you and your Mom(hey Nora)have always been such great and loyal fans and I look forward to seeing the photos from the show.
A couple of you were wondering where Blair is.He has accepted a full time job with a major architechtural firm in Winnipeg involved in constructing the new Winnipeg airport terminal (Blair is a very gifted and multi-talented artist BTW) and has been busy with that so we have brought in our friend and monster bass player Bruce"Jake" Jacobs to sit in the bass chair for the current time.Bruce is a total pro and one of the most in demand players in Winnipeg so we are fortunate indeed to have someone of his calibre step in and be doing such a great job because as most of you know,the bass playing part of Streetheart has always been extremely important and note intensive with the bar set to a very high standard.
Oh yeah,Kerryy I believe "the cocoa wheel" that Ace Frehley was refering to in his version of DWD was cocoa as in cocaine and believe me that can be a damn nasty wheel to be turning or get caught up in.Please refer to my last blog on this... Yes,Electroman,I agree that if you MUST have a vice then girls are a pretty good and generally survivable choice(I said generally).I know a little about this habit...lol.Walt,glad you had fun at the show.I'll be working on the Greatest Hits CD this week. The labels have been pretty relaxed about it all from my perspective but I am,of course as you well know,impatient...or is that I just need a little breakfast?Now that's a good idea!See you later...J.

7 comments:

MissBarb said...

Talking about putting out new albums I am dating myself, here)

I recently participated in a on air discussion with a radio station.

I posed the question, "why do most radio stations only play the old hits we have all heard too many times to get into anymore,from great bands form back in the day".

For example, Styx, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, (and, hoping to see it soon-our fave, Streetheart).

All of these bands/ performers never stopped playing, writing new music- and have put out some kick ass music over the last 4 years, but you never hear it played. The programming manager said " we just dont receive new music from alot of bands" which, I find a cop out, as they can keep up with what bands are now doing via the websites.

Jeff, how do bands promote themselves these days, to ensure that thier music is heard on the radio, expanding their fanbase to include not only the true fans, but possibly reach new ears as well?

Thanks, B

STORYTELLER said...

Hey Jeff the shirt signing wasn't an easy job.I had to do some real begging just to get that shirt backstage. But hey as always I'd do ANYTHING for "STREETHEART". Yeah many tears were shed that night when Mariha found out she couldn't go.I must say my boss and I had fun. Well Mariha was so peeeeed when I didn't get to show off my STREETHEART tattoo. Well it's there for LIFE (and proud of it I might add) so I'm sure there will be plenty of times to admire it closely.Thanks for the virus. LOL. Didn't get it from you,really wish I had though.LOL.Can't blame a girl for dreamin!!!Hi & Koodos to Blair and the awsome job your doin on the terminal hope to use it someday.Blair we miss you already. BUT "WELCOME" to "JAKE" great to have such an awsome bassist on board.Yeah Jeff it's impatients not breakfast. At least for us anyway. Maybe you should pull out those awsome vocals and start yellin at them to get moving.Hey Kenny I met this old charmin lady from back home your way and Yes I made her a copy of all your Witness Inc. songs. I thought she was gonna have a heart attack. You were her idol and hadn't heard these for YEARS.THANKS from Marg Koltun. Well off to bed and work tomorrow. but then on the hunt again for more STREETHEART memoribilia. Thats a full time job in itself. Heres an Idea "LIFE"N"TIMES OF KENNY SHIELDS AND STREETHEART." What an awsome show that would be. Well keep up the good work and stay healthy J. and all. Storyteller

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walt said...

I'm sure some of you have seen this web site. Pretty interesting stuff not just for Streetheart but for many other Canadian bands as well. One thing that is interesting, and Jeff you kinda illuded to it with your relationship with Herb Ego, was how so many musicians have crossed paths during their career. The links are amazing and in some cases come off like the 6 degrees Kevin Bacon game.
My question Jeff, is that you have made some reference to managing the band and leading some new initiatives for the group. How different is it in todays world to manage music bands than in the past? and, where did you draw your experience from to take a lead roll in managing and/or producing?

http://www.canadianbands.com/Streetheart.html

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey everyone Streetheart and the streetheart fans go see my page of all streetheart stuff from me and theres lots moreto come ..

TAKE A LOOK THX MARIHA..

www.crazy4streetheart.blogspot.com

leave coments if so

we love you STREETHEART

DontLetHerLeaveYou KS&S said...

Hey Jeff,

Thank you for makeing me and mom apart of the blog you dont know how much that makes me so happy and awsome feeling . Yes im sending thoes photos today to you i have emailed you yesterday one or tow of them but ihave to send them sepret couse the email can only hold so much Lol. Yes there was a lot of tears flowing out of me friday there all ways it when i know i can't come see STREETHEART.

I have a ? 4 you Whats your favorite STREETHEART song/Guitar solo?.

And welcome abord JAKE. and we miss blair dearly allready lol jsut dont you go Jeff PLease lol you ROCK!!!! you awsome kool sweet and cool.. Kenny is awsome sweet kind and the best man alive #1 on my charts you too Jeff and Tim and Daryl and Jake too. Cna't wait to be able to see you agina i'll be in winnpeg but not at the concert (NO!! BOOO)'

hopefully Red deer AB. CROSSING FINGERS..


Well Say hi to Kenny and the boys for me Can't wait till the new cds come outta..

Latter check out my page all Jeff if you have time go a head a take a look ..

Love ya all .


xoxox Mariha xoxox

PS> STREETHEART ROCKS FOREVER!!!!

Spunky said...

Hi, I don't often read blogs but I definitely enjoy yours. Glad you're feeling better. Hope all of you had a wonderful Valentines.

I'm so happy to see you will be in Red Deer and at a family venue - now my daughter can see why I crank up the radio whenever I hear the first strains of Streetheart. I haven't been able to attend one of your concerts since the Edmonton Ex - which was excellent under the stars.

I hope you do record some more music. Somehow whenever my day(life) is going down, if I turn on the radio, Streetheart seems to sing out and I feel much better.

I would really like to get the Witness songs onto CD. I know people who have them (my sister, cousins, aunt, etc) but I don't trust the mail not to lose or break them so I'll be patient. (I wonder if Kenny has any extras - probably not)

Thanks again for the music and taking the time to get the web site going. Excellent performances!